Friday, March 11, 2011

The Bogeyman Revisited

The other day at around 5:30am I was having breakfast with my wife at the kitchen table. Being late winter, it was still dark out. I was chatting away about how Boris Karloff would have made a great President when she suddenly looked past me down the corridor, with a look like she was having a 'journey into fear' on her face.

Not having heard a sound, I looked her square in the eye without turning and said

"Is it the bogeyman? Don't sugar-coat it".

True story.

If this is not the Bogeyman, I'd hate to meet the Bogeyman

I have a feeling that taunting the bogeyman in previous posts MAY have been a mistake. Clearly the bogeyman can destroy you anytime he wants, and he knows you know it. That's why he toys with people, such that they get spooked at shadows and sounds at night which ARE IN FACT the Bogeyman, and he gets a big laugh when people say "it was probably nothing". While you're lulling yourself into a false sense of security, he's in your bathroom practicing ambushing you while you brush your teeth. He probably works on the "crush-your-intestines-with-one-hand" move, aka "The Claw" in the full-length mirror. Then most likely he stuffs your toothbrush up his nose, putting it back exactly where it was so you're none the wiser.

WAY too late, buddy.


Mandrake

No comments:

Post a Comment