Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hey, Beavers cut down trees with their TEETH

Scouts to no longer bring penknives on camping trips
"Scouts will now be a little worse prepared after they were banned from carrying their traditional penknives due to the fears of those in charge of health and safety. New advice published in Scouting, the official in-house magazine, says neither Scouts nor their parents should bring penknives to camp except in "specific" situations. Scouts have traditionally been taught how to use knives correctly, using them on camping trips to cut firewood or carve tools."


At least they still practice deadly Scout-Fu

When they came for Chili-Cheese Fries, I didn't speak up, because I was more
partial to Nachos.

When they came for the Matadors, I didn't speak up, even though my uncle
was a Picador, because I prefered Bear-Baiting.

When they came for the Scout's knives, I didn't speak up because, one time,
OK, there was this scout, and ...(ten minutes later)... anyway, I don't own
that boat anymore.

When they came for me, there was no one left to speak up, except for
99.9999% of society, but half of them were reading 'Twilight' and the rest
were watching hilarious Reality TV, so you guessed it, they got me.

Listen, when I was in Scouts we carried knives. At harvest time we could
afford porters to carry them for us, and maybe even get them to whittle for us.
There were NO unhealthy side effects, except maybe the fact that I still butter
my toast with a hatchet.


Mandrake

No comments:

Post a Comment